P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C - Saab 9-3SS Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|93 Bulletin Board|
I couldn't find any useful info on here about this problem, but a web search led me to another forum where several people were having the same problem. Many suggestions were offered and tried, with minimal success. The most plausible explanations were a bad ECU (worked for at least one person, didn't work for another), and either the fan control relays or the fans themselves. The codes are directly correlated to the A/C conking out, but it's unclear which is the cause and which is the effect.
If I replace the ECM with one from the exact model/year, will it at least run so I can see if the same code comes back? I know it's supposed to be "married" to the car with a Tech 2. Where exactly is the ECU located on this car? I'd like to try to insulate it from the engine compartment temporarily, since the problem also seems temperature dependent.
'06 9-3 2.0T Auto
->Posting last edited on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:48:20.
Posts in this Thread:
- P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:47:54 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:40:05
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 04:10:41
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:06:40
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:40:12
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:25:34
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:17:03
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:25:01
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Stefan, Sun, 1 Jul 2018 02:02:43
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:41:53
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Bernie , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:14:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!