NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|93 Bulletin Board|
I don't know what the explanation is, but I have observed a 1:1 correlation. When the CEL is on with either of those codes, the AC does not work. When the CEL is not on, the AC works. During the increasingly brief periods when the AC is working, it will stop at the exact moment the CEL comes on. This morning I made a point of setting "NO-AC" for my commute. While the CEL did eventually come on, it took 25 minutes instead of the usual 2 minutes and it happened while I was stopped at a particularly long traffic light (and the first one of my commute, the first 2/3 is highway). I think it's not a stretch to suspect that was the first time the car called for the rad fans to turn on. I don't know what else to try at this point besides replacing the fan relay/controller and hope for the best.
Oh, and when the CEL is on with P0686 and/or P0687 there are no other symptoms; no discernible difference in engine power or anything else.
Posts in this Thread:
- P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:47:54
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:40:05
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 04:10:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:06:40
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:40:12
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:25:34
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:17:03
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:25:01
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Stefan, Sun, 1 Jul 2018 02:02:43
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:41:53
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Bernie , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:14:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.