Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Below the battery there’s a relay box inside there starting from the right hand side there are 2 red relays ( bigger ) and 1 black relay . If you take out the relays and look at the diagram at the bottom of the relay they have numbers on it . No 85 is ground . Take a small gauge wire and ground the 85 pins from the furthermost right relay ( ecm relay ) to the third relay (smaller narrower black relay ac compressor relay) this will force your compressor to turn on and fans should turn on as well if this works and fans and ac works then it’s your ecm that you need to replace . Be careful that the wire only touches those pins and nothing else that’s metal . This should hold you over through the heat . If your ecm needs replacement there are lots of places you can mail your ecm they can clone your ecm and copy the information on another one and mail it over and you just plug it back . If you go that route you will save about 900 dollars compared to a Indy shop or dealer as they will charge you anywhere from 1200 to 1500
posted by 73.210.2...
Posts in this Thread:
- P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:47:54
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:40:05
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 04:10:41
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:06:40
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:40:12
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:25:34
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:17:03
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:25:01
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Stefan, Sun, 1 Jul 2018 02:02:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:41:53
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Bernie , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:14:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!