UPDATE/additional info - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
1. All relevant fuses appear to be good.
2. When I turn on the A/C, the engine RPMs shift slightly.
3. The compressor does not appear to be spinning. Belt is fine, but I can see the outer edge of the pulley is not spinning. The compressor will spin by hand.
4. I pulled the relay and replaced it with another one- still didn't work. When I plug the relay back into its slot, I can feel it clicking while being inserted.
5. I've tried to jump the clutch for the compressor by bridging pins 87 and 30. Nothing. Tried going directly from the positive post of the battery to pin 87. Nothing. I was thinking I would add r134 if I could get the compressor jumped and see if that got things moving again, but I don't think I can add it unless it's turning, right?
6. I don't believe the secondary fan in front of the radiator is running at all, but I'm not positive. I am questioning if maybe it is running and I haven't looked closely enough at it- would that explain why the engine RPMs drop when I turn on the A/C?
posted by 108.20.21...
Posts in this Thread:
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!