Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)? - Saab 9-3SS Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 93 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?
Posted by Tim [Email] (more from Tim) on Wed, 8 Aug 2018 15:32:44
In Reply to: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, bender [Profile/Gallery]
, Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:05:02
I have a 2008 9-3 Aero (V6) XWD Combi that I've owned since new. It's really been my wife's car but since VW bought back my 2013 Passat TDI last year I've been driving it daily. A very fast, powerful and smooth driver but it's had it's share of issues over the last 10 years (it only has 63K miles on it now), including:
- Coolant expansion tank replaced 3 times under warranty
- two ignition coils replaced. One under warranty, one on my dime.
- fuel pump replaced under warranty (the GM powertrain 5yr/100K warranty which was only applicable to the 2008 model).
- A number of alarm system modules (including the back hatch window) replaced under warranty.
- Master sideview mirror switch replaced under warranty
- ESP/TCS module replaced under warranty
- ABS wiring harness replaced under warranty
- The right taillight assembly replaced under warranty (watar leakage)
- TPMS sensors replaced at my expense
- Windshield washer nozzle replaced at my expense
- Headlamp washer nozzles replaced at my expense
The rear spark plugs and coils are right up against the firewall and difficult to replace. Have had the cornering headlight malfunction come intermittently since the car was new. The dealer was never able to determine the cause and the lights work properly. We just live with it. Over the past 3 years the driver door intermittently fails to lock or unlock with the keyfob. The dealer has never been able to troubleshoot this successfully so we also live with that.
If I were you I'd spend your money on something less troublesome.
posted by 98.229.17...
Posts in this Thread:
- What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, bender , Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:05:02
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Roger Harris, Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:56:22
- Thank you very much for SO MUCH DETAIL!, bender , Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:38:52
- Re: What's it like owning one of the, Sarunas , Thu, 9 Aug 2018 09:45:45
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Tim, Wed, 8 Aug 2018 15:32:44 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Justin VanAbrahams, Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:05:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!