Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
We purchased at 2006 9-3 in 2009 as a 22,000 mile SAAB certified car and it has been great. It now has about 135,000 miles. Gas cap, Crank position sensor and new front springs were all done under warranty. Gas tank sender is erratic and had to replace passenger dock electric look. Other than those items it has been a great car. No rust in New England - even has the original complete exhaust. Last year purchased at 2011 9-3 with 30,000 miles and it has no issues today at 41,000 miles. 2007 and up cars had less troublesome central electronics but some higher mileage late model cars got cheapened intake valves which should be checked by a compression test before purchase. Great power, handling and good gas mileage. Stick with the Turbo4 - no need for the V6.
posted by 96.240.224...
Posts in this Thread:
- What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, bender , Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:05:02
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Roger Harris, Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:56:22 <-- Viewing This Message
- Thank you very much for SO MUCH DETAIL!, bender , Tue, 14 Aug 2018 19:38:52
- Re: What's it like owning one of the, Sarunas , Thu, 9 Aug 2018 09:45:45
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Tim, Wed, 8 Aug 2018 15:32:44
- Re: What's it like owning one of the "new" 9-3s (GM)?, Justin VanAbrahams, Sun, 5 Aug 2018 17:05:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!