2001 9-5 4cyl. 32,000 miles. It has been diagnosed with an oil leak at timing cover due to the PCV problem. Also has the blue smoke at start up. I have read threads on the PCV mods and can't seem to get a bead on whether to get the PCV mod fix or not. Mechanic says to try the PCV mod before he would fix the timing cover. Does this seem right to you?
If my extended warranty covers turbo replacement should I go ahead and get this fixed now or wait?
posted by 71.208.60...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Oil leak at timing cover, how serious?, coachb, Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:28:27 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Oil leak at timing cover, how serious?, SWEDECAR , Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:17:36
- Re: Oil leak at timing cover, how serious?, Andrej, Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:24:04
- Re: Oil leak at timing cover, how serious?, dtech, Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:13:34
- FWIW, DW, Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:49:58
- Re: Oil leak at timing cover, how serious?, Tashfeen Qayyum, Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:40:07
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!