I've 2 Saab 9-5, a 1999 and a 2004 .
The 1999 has a very smooth idle, the only exception is on very cold winter mornings when there is some noticeable vibration.
The 2004 however is noticeably rougher in comparison - and was staring to idle a bit ubevenly several months back, then on a recent trip the CEL lit and the throttle body failed. It's now back to just being rough, but the uneven idle was a precursor to the TB failure.
posted by 71.208.142...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rough idle- 9-5, mshank, Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:55:15
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5, Heath Tucker, Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:17:34
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5, mikef, Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:24:18
- No....., Mike Lynch , Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:17:12
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5, Dean, Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:02:11
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5, dtech, Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:12:39 <-- Viewing This Message
- check your engine mounts..., Johnson, Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:09:28
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5 IS NOT Normal, Ian Glenday , Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:27:20
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5 IS NOT Normal - yes it is!, keeton, Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:24:33
- different between 99-01 and 02+, steve, Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:49:11
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5 IS NOT Normal, Hunter, Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:16:07
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5 IS NOT Normal, JA, Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:50:51
- I dunno......, Mike Lynch , Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:37:45
- Relatively normal...., Mike Lynch , Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:57:36
- Re: Rough idle- 9-5, Baab , Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:38:31
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!