NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Common topic. 4 cylinder or V6? For the 4, I recommend (and do myself) full synthetic in a 5W-40 grade every 5k miles. These engines are very tough on oil, going cheap with a conventional or semi-synthetic is not a good idea. Oil analysis results indicate 5k is a safe interval.
posted by 138.162....
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Synthetic or normal oil, Christian, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:47:36
- Re: Synthetic or normal oil, Doug W, Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:55:11
- Synthetic every 15K yes 15K....., Tom, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:50:03
- 15K miles on full syn or 1 year all hwy, no problem., norm95, Sat, 15 Oct 2011 18:05:21
- Synthetic oil will last 30k but oil filter won't., AdamSAAB2kAero, Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:08:28
- Your '04 Arc has the V6, correct?....., MI-Roger , Fri, 14 Oct 2011 06:29:34
- Re: Synthetic every 15K yes 15K....., James, Fri, 14 Oct 2011 02:25:45
- Re: Synthetic or normal oil, Ells, Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:33:41
- Re: Synthetic or normal oil, jeff in MD , Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:58:14
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.