P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
looking for some help on my 2006 9-5, was getting the typical codes P1230, P1261, so i thought i would replace the throttle body.
Now everytime i use my scan tool to reset the code, the car stumbles and dies, and i can hear it clicking the solenoid to go back into limp home mode. I will reset everything (the computer, pull fuse 17, pull the battery cable off), and when i turn the key on (without starting the engine) the solenoid is going again!
The butterfly valve is as clean as possible. Do you think i have a bad throttle body or an ECU issue?
My Viggen is a 2001, has 260K on it, and am still on the original throttle body!
posted by 209.167....
Posts in this Thread:
- P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car, Viggen 01, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:48:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car, Nick Taliaferro , Mon, 10 Jun 2013 06:15:33
- Re: P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car, Name Left Blank, Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:37:11
- Re: P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car, AdamSAAB2kAero , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:06:20
- Re: P1230 after new throttle body - can't reset car, SWEDECAR , Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:57:43
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!