NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
This is basic and rudimentary since I am munching on an egg-salad sandwich while typing away:
1. Put $25,000 to $100,000 aside mentally or physically - this is the money you save immediately on not buying a new car. This is your funding pool
2. Adhere to OE maintenance schedule except change fluid and filters more often
3. if in rust belt, spray annually and personally touch weak spots that will be missed by the shop
4. Replace throttle body, MAF, DI, plat plugs, thermostat, heater valve if equiped, CPS, temp sensor, belts, pulleys every 100,000 km
5. Replace starter,alternator and water pump every 200,000 km
6. Always use OE, OEM or premium parts according to a standard risk and cost analysis.
Enjoy and drive your Saab until God says otherwise.
In the unlikely event you are stranded, draw upon the huge pool of money you have saved to turn it into a spa vacation until you can sort the situation out. Send an email to this forum for possible local support from your comrades here.
In the worst case scenario, go to your dream car dealer wherever you are and drive away with that vehicle you always wanted with your money pool and provide a dignified burial for your Saab. Keep an emblem as a memento and soar to your next solution waiting to happen.
posted by 207.164.17...
Posts in this Thread:
- Saab-less, Dano in Texas , Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:47:462
- Will do my best too, SWEDECAR , Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:07:06
- Re: Saab-less, three_jeeps, Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:28:21
- Re: Saab-less, aizzo , Tue, 19 Jul 2016 10:19:33
- You may come back, brick8 , Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:24:06
- Re: Saab-less, mlc , Mon, 18 Jul 2016 11:27:141
- Re: Saab-less, DnstrDan , Mon, 18 Jul 2016 00:15:34
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.