NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Can anyone help me diagnose an annoying coolant problem? I definitely have a slow leak as I recently got the fill coolant notification and reservoir was nearly empty.
Here’s the symptom list:
- Occasional small puddles of coolant underneath the car, front right passenger side
- Coolant smell in the cabin after I’ve been driving 15-20 minutes
- Sometimes as I leave my garage (which is at the top of a hill) I leave steady lines of liquid as I back out – but only if the car’s been sitting overnight.
- Possibly related: intermittent heat. The car also has a slow oil leak which I'm still figuring out, but that's been going on longer than the coolant problem so I think it might be unrelated.
- No signs of coolant (or oil) burning out the tailpipe.
Heater core? Water pump? Bypass valve?
This morning during my hour-long commute, as I breathed in the sweet smell of coolant in addition to burning oil, I started to think that the best reason to tackle the car’s slow leaks might be my health! Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Posts in this Thread:
- Need help diagnosing coolant leak, Mike Keller , Fri, 29 Sep 2017 05:17:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, three_jeeps, Tue, 3 Oct 2017 09:08:34
- Not the bypass valve, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:52:03
- Water Pump, Vlado, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:12:59
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, three_jeeps, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 07:59:42
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, pme , Fri, 29 Sep 2017 06:25:32
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.