Not the bypass valve - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
The puddles and leakage from the bypass valve are under the firewall, slightly to the driver's side. Not where you have described.
You have a loose or perforated radiator hose or damaged radiator, or a bad water pump, I think. If you have waited too long to replace the water pump, the pulley on the pump may have been pulled down by the multibelt into the path of the timing cover and cut a hole into it. That's where the oil drips may be coming from and the oil finding its way (together with coolant) onto the exhaust.
posted by 73.177.62...
Posts in this Thread:
- Need help diagnosing coolant leak, Mike Keller , Fri, 29 Sep 2017 05:17:47
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, three_jeeps, Tue, 3 Oct 2017 09:08:34
- Not the bypass valve, Boris Bubbanov, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:52:03 <-- Viewing This Message
- Water Pump, Vlado, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:12:59
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, three_jeeps, Fri, 29 Sep 2017 07:59:42
- Re: Need help diagnosing coolant leak, pme , Fri, 29 Sep 2017 06:25:32
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!