Re: TLC? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Once I have a head gasket issue on a motor, I never treat the vehicle quite the same way again. You can get years of service out of it still, but you may now think twice before passing a certain truck on a bit of straight on an otherwise winding road. Or you may decide to no longer tow with it. Or you may decide to use a different car on an especially hot and humid day involving lots of congestion or mountains - this kind of thing. Group oil changes tighter together, change pulleys and tensioners and the belt sooner; do more frequent drains and refills of what easily drains out of the gearbox.
Let us know when you tear it down, if any of the headbolts are slack in any way.
posted by 73.177.62...
Posts in this Thread:
- Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, amicusterrae , Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:27:19
- Re: warped head, stop leak, sludge . . . yikes, amicusterrae , Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:33:42
- Re: Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, Boris Bubbanov, Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:07:04
- Re: TLC?, amicusterrae , Wed, 11 Oct 2017 07:53:38
- Re: TLC?, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:35:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, Jeremy R., Mon, 9 Oct 2017 13:22:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!