Re: Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
No, I'm pretty sure Roger said valve guides, not stem seals. The guides are metal tubes that are pressed into the head and need some special tools to replace. As you note, the valve stem seals are easy to replace and should be done if you've got head off as they are cheap and do wear out. Badly worn stem seals can cause the engine to eat a lot of oil.
posted by 47.157.56...
Posts in this Thread:
- Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, amicusterrae , Mon, 9 Oct 2017 10:27:19
- Re: warped head, stop leak, sludge . . . yikes, amicusterrae , Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:33:42
- Re: Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, Boris Bubbanov, Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:07:04
- Re: TLC?, amicusterrae , Wed, 11 Oct 2017 07:53:38
- Re: TLC?, Boris Bubbanov, Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:35:36
- Re: Confirmed need new head gasket--what else w/o breaking the bank?, Jeremy R., Mon, 9 Oct 2017 13:22:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!