NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
The 9-5 uses a pretty standard 3 link design for the rear suspension. Much much better than the old beam axle in earlier cars.
I bristle at people calling it defective. It is pretty standard in the industry.
The suspension can be fixed. We currently have 4 each 9-5 Aeros in our family from 2000 to 2004 with the suspension working well and not cupping and crazy tire wear. One is a sedan and 3 others are wagons. The shocks are either Koni, Bilstein or OEM.
ALL have spring spacers in the rear. One has rose bushings replaced and new poly forward bushing on trailing arm. The rest are just well adjusted with 4 wheel alignment by a good shop. I can't emphasize enough that ride height in the rear is critical.
2001 95 Silver Aero wagon auto - Mary Ann's Car
2003 95 Black Aero 4 door auto Mary Ann's car #2
2004 95 Black Aero 5 door wagon - Son Jeff's car
2000 95 Imola Red Aero 5 door stick - my ride
2001 95 Silver Aero 4 door stick
1999 95 Combi stick
1997 9000 Aero stick red
1988 900 SPG black
1988 900 Convertible black
1985 900 3 door turbo spg kit silver
1979 900 3 door turbo early 900 production
1966 96 2 stroke red
1960 95 wagon red
1959 93b light yellow
Posts in this Thread:
- my 2000 9.5 aero, ffb13, Fri, 1 Dec 2017 17:01:40
- Re: my 2001 9.5 aero, Eaton, Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:05:57
- RIDE HEIGHT, saabsince 93b , Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:38:33
- Re: RIDE HEIGHT, Eton, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 01:03:51
- Re: RIDE HEIGHT, Name Left Blank, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 04:05:20
- Re: RIDE HEIGHT, Eaton, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 04:48:31
- Re: RIDE HEIGHT, steve, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 19:12:42
- START WITH RIDE HEIGHT, saabsince 93b , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 08:17:20
- Re: START WITH RIDE HEIGHT, Potter Shaw, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 08:46:56
- Re: START WITH RIDE HEIGHT, ffb13, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:35:55
- 3 LINK DESIGN, saabsince 93b , Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:09:56 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: START WITH RIDE HEIGHT, Eaton, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 03:14:20
- I have fond memories of my 2000 Base with Aero Suspension, MI-Roger , Sun, 3 Dec 2017 05:39:57
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.