Re: Need help with Rear Light Failure message - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I recently had the same problem. It came and went - sometimes the message appeared, sometimes it didn't. I don't think I ever would have figured it out - until I tried to use my high beams and nothing happened. Bingo: the orange "relay" (the one in the relay box in the engine compartment) was the culprit. I took it out, swapped in my spare and the message went away, my high beams came back. Are all of your lights working?
posted by 50.48.186...
Posts in this Thread:
- Need help with Rear Light Failure message, scott47 , Fri, 15 Dec 2017 20:17:21
- Found and fixed problem with Rear Light Failure Message!, scott47 , Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:57:57
- Re: Need help with Rear Light Failure message, westernny, Mon, 18 Dec 2017 07:48:29 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Need help with Rear Light Failure message, scott47 , Sun, 17 Dec 2017 07:00:01
- Re: Need help with Rear Light Failure message, Mark in Marine , Sat, 16 Dec 2017 08:44:14
- Did you check grounds? n/m, fdw201 , Sat, 16 Dec 2017 07:03:53
- Re: Need help with Rear Light Failure message, Dan, Sat, 16 Dec 2017 06:11:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!