Re: Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I've got an'05 Aero. I didn't get the pop thing, but definitely got misfire along with flashing check engine light. There is a vacuum hose (more like a plastic manifold) that plugs into the intake manifold and two other places, a sort of brittle plastic tube. The connector in the manifold is one of those black and red plastic thingies. Mine would occasionally burp out the hose as the red retainer stops doing its job due to wearing O-rings. It could be that the intake manifold pressure gets to a point where that connector leaks and totally screws the mass air control. Just another easy place to look.
posted by 162.225.123...
Posts in this Thread:
- Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time, Mark Tribuzio, Wed, 7 Mar 2018 13:11:33
- Re: Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time, Boomer, Fri, 9 Mar 2018 09:00:35 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Thu, 8 Mar 2018 09:40:19
- Re: Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time, Itsasaab , Thu, 8 Mar 2018 06:33:39
- Re: Nosie at 70 mph from engine, it doent do it all the time, bobc , Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:19:38
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!