Exactly correct - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
And a common "hack" for NG 9-5s which have an expensive, high output halogen rear turn signal bulb that tends to damage the bulb socket due to the amount of heat. The advantage of a separate resistor (as needed to make the car believe the bulb is working) is that you can control, to some extent, where the heat gets dissipated. And of course LEDs will, in principle, last the life of the car.
posted by 65.35.8...
Posts in this Thread:
- taillight bulbs replaced with LEDs -> errors, Bruce A, Mon, 12 Mar 2018 09:52:51
- Welcome to the world of LED bulbs!, Larry West , Wed, 14 Mar 2018 08:41:101
- Canbus communications, Bruce A., Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:32:51
- Re: taillight bulbs replaced with LEDs -> errors, bobc , Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:16:41
- Exactly correct, Stephen Goldberger, Tue, 13 Mar 2018 08:41:31 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: taillight bulbs replaced with LEDs -> errors, SWEDECAR , Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:20:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!