NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
The prominent failure mode for these radiators is the plastic fitting on the upper rad hose. Your '01 radiator is living on borrowed time, so I'd say just replace it.
For the record I'd say that it *does* make sense to flush a heat exchanger in general terms. But in the case of these radiators I have come to regard them as a maintenance item.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue
'99 9⁵ Cosmic blue
'11 9⁵ Aero NG (Daughter)
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (Son)
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, wabi-saabi, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 17:57:16
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Stephen Goldberger, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 07:55:59
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, mlc , Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:30:06
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, I make it just for you, Wed, 20 Jun 2018 05:08:35
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Mark in Marine , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:30:47
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, bobc , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:24:18 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.