Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Save the bucks! Until the radiator starts leaking it's good! Replacing the t-stat is a must, flushing the fluid is a must if it hasn't been done in the last 4 years. As to the temp gauge rise and fall. These cars are solid and the temp gauge will rise if the rad fluid is low. If your needing to add fluid you have a leak. The main Achilles heel in the system is the rad fluid pump. They will slowly leak until it becomes a gushing RIVER! You won't find any dripping under the car because the fluid leaking is immediately evaporated once it hits the outter casing of the engine. If your fluid is full and you've never had to add any I'd flush and replace t-stat and go from there.
posted by 174.231.144...
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, wabi-saabi, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 17:57:16
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Stephen Goldberger, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 07:55:59
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, mlc , Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:30:06
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, I make it just for you, Wed, 20 Jun 2018 05:08:35 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Mark in Marine , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:30:47
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, bobc , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:24:18
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!