Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush? - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
the thermostat is most like stuck closed.. so I'd start with that. and the temp sensor.. (another 10 bucks)...
Having said that.. i have a 2001 as well.. and decided to replace the radiator last year. At 17 years.. you're probably on borrowed time.. Definitely replace the 2 large hoses into the radiator as well.. they'll be soft and mushy by now.. if you've never replaced them..
I also got rid of the heater bypass valve.. (easy to do)... as i recall it being cheaper than replacing the valve with the original hoses..
Go with the Nissens.. it looked exactly the same as my original .. and it cost around 150, if i recall correctly..
Posts in this Thread:
- 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, wabi-saabi, Tue, 19 Jun 2018 17:57:16
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Stephen Goldberger, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 07:55:59
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, mlc , Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:30:06 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, I make it just for you, Wed, 20 Jun 2018 05:08:35
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, Mark in Marine , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:30:47
- Re: 9-5 Running Hot: Replace the radiator or just flush?, bobc , Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:24:18
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!