Neutral Safety Switch - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Wouldn't you know, my daughter and her family moved back to New York City two weeks ago, and today I get a call that the car (2004 Arc) won't start. She helpfully sends me a snapshot of the shift lever in Park with the dash showing the car is in Drive. 90% chance it is the NSS with a 10% nod to the plastic bushing on the end of the shift cable.
The SAAB OE part (Aisin-Warner from Japan) is $400 new and around $100 used. However, there is a Chinese knock-off part that is $40. I really hate the idea of buying the Chinese part, but does anyone have any experience with this? Is there any second source (OEM) for the part from Aisin-Warner? I have seen pictures of people cleaning and repairing the NSS, but have never heard anything about the long term viability of that route.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 22 Jun 2018 15:47:23.
Posts in this Thread:
- Neutral Safety Switch, Gene N , Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:14:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Not the Neutral Safety Switch, Gene N , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:52:18
- Re: Neutral Safety Switch, SteveJ, Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:52:29
- Re: Neutral Safety Switch, Tom G , Fri, 22 Jun 2018 17:16:43
- My experience, MI-Roger , Fri, 22 Jun 2018 15:16:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!