Maintenance Items before cross country trip - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
I've just picked up a 2000 Gary Fisher Wagon which is my first NG Saab after having several C900's. The car appears to be in great shape but I'm planning a big road trip and wondering what specific things I should give a once-over before driving it for 5000 miles? The car has 126k and lots of service records:
The DI was done at 66k
The head gasket was done at 70k
Clutch at 97k
ABS module at 100k
Crankshaft pos. sensor at 110k
I'm planning on doing the fuel pump proactively, anything else I should be thinking of?
posted by 172.96.32...
Posts in this Thread:
- Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh B, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:12:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, TimN , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:05:41
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, EGD , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:03:38
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:24:46
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, bobc , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 06:57:21
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Doug in NC, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 01:26:21
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!