Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Agree with Doug, I'd add
- The small idler pulley, (carry the old as a spare)
- heater bypass valve ( or better, delete it)
And take a hard look at the radiator and hoses
For a long trip it's nice to have the suspension sorted ... Proper ride height, Shocks, bushings, etc. It won't strand you but nice to have.
9-5 is an awesome long distance cruiser, you'll have a great trip!
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue
'99 9⁵ Cosmic blue
'11 9⁵ Aero NG (Daughter)
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (Son)
Posts in this Thread:
- Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh B, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:12:58
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, TimN , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:05:41
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, EGD , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:03:38
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:24:46
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, bobc , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 06:57:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Doug in NC, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 01:26:21
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!