NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
I just returned from a 2000 mile round trip from ABQ to the Texas coast in my 2007 9-5 (135K miles). It appeared to be fine when we left. But coming home in eastern new mexico it stalled and came to a dead stop. The car sputtered but restarted. Luckily we were only 10 miles beyond Tatum. I made it back, filled the tank from 1/2 to full, hoping a full tank would help weak fuel pump. We made it back to ABQ but didn't use the AC which was very pleasant in 100F weather. It does appear that the fuel pump is bad ( current ripple test). But also the vacuum line from the turbo bypass valve had tore. Note that when replacing it I probably broke the aged and brittle brake booster vacuum hose valve.
So for me:
check fuel pump
posted by 174.56.123...
Posts in this Thread:
- Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh B, Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:12:58
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, TimN , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:05:41 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, EGD , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:03:38
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Josh, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 10:24:46
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, bobc , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 06:57:21
- Re: Maintenance Items before cross country trip, Doug in NC, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 01:26:21
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.