NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
> Is there a definitive test for this motor working/not working
The ACC diags (AUTO + OFF) are good at detecting a failed recirc motor, so run those if you have not already.
But hearing the motor run smoothly/normally and feeling a change in airflow is also pretty definitive that all is well.
some common symptoms:
- you hear the motor operating smoothly or rhythmically clicking but no change in airflow: Stepper motor shaft pulled away and disengaged. You can press it back together in a vise
- you hear the motor operating oddly, clicks, scrapes, snaps and no change in airflow: recirc "transmission" (series of plastic gears) has broken. there are replacement options.
'08 9⁵ 2.3T SportCombi, White
'01 9⁵ Aero Midnight Blue
'99 9⁵ Cosmic blue
'11 9⁵ Aero NG (Daughter)
'00 9⁵ Aero Silver (Son)
Posts in this Thread:
- Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:13:31
- Update, Joe , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 04:52:461
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Gene N , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:05:06
- Recirculation motor is most likely broken on 2003, dmz789qqq, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:07:15
- But, will it stay in Recirc mode?, Boris Bubbanov, Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:07:52
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:35:09
- If I could 10 degree cooler air by removing the filter ..., bobc , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:46:11
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Boris Bubbanov, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 20:55:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.