Re: Recirculation motor is most likely broken on 2003 - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Recirculation motor is totally different from other ACC motors. It is not a stepper motor but rather a plain DC motor that just runs into hard stops on both limits. As such there is no way for the ACC computer to detect broken gears and the defect just goes unnoticed by the owner (who intead complains about poor AC perfomance). By the way, hitting the hard stops puts a lot of stress on the gears inside and eventually breaks them.
The definitive step is to remove the glove box and watch/feel the the motor actuator arm. The non so definitive test is to observe the change in airflow speed when switching reciculation on/off at max fan speed with all doors and windows closed - but it is hard to know what to expect in this case.
posted by 24.63.1...
Posts in this Thread:
- Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:13:31
- Update, Joe , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 04:52:461
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Gene N , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:05:06
- Recirculation motor is most likely broken on 2003, dmz789qqq, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:07:15
- But, will it stay in Recirc mode?, Boris Bubbanov, Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:07:52
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:35:09
- If I could 10 degree cooler air by removing the filter ..., bobc , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:46:11
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Boris Bubbanov, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 20:55:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!