Update - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I pulled the glovebox, recirculation is working fine, both the motor and the actual piece that moves (it's not really a flap, looks like the cover on a roll-top desk).
Pulled the cabin air filter and drove the car for a couple days, it's back to mid-40's vent temps. So I can safely say that pulling the filter dropped the vent temp substantially. Since the old filter was fairly dirty, I can only conclude that either any filter will do this or any filter that is restrictive, and the new Wix filter meets that criteria. It doesn't seem to be any different from any other cabin filter I've used.
I'm going to leave it out for the summer. Yesterday in 90 degree weather the car got so cold I had to turn up the ACC temp :)
Posts in this Thread:
- Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:13:31
- Update, Joe , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 04:52:46 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Gene N , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:05:06
- Recirculation motor is most likely broken on 2003, dmz789qqq, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:07:15
- But, will it stay in Recirc mode?, Boris Bubbanov, Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:07:52
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Joe , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:35:09
- If I could 10 degree cooler air by removing the filter ..., bobc , Mon, 25 Jun 2018 07:46:11
- Re: Cabin Filter Observations, Boris Bubbanov, Sun, 24 Jun 2018 20:55:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!