NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
imho, tstat is a wear item. If you notice the temperature needle is low, that is probably the tstat sticking open. It could be the sensor, but honestly, I am willing to bet that 9 times out of 10, a "bad sensor" is a connector issue... so the easy first step is unplug, spray with contact cleaner, replug. If that fixes it, it avoids draining coolant etc. Changing the part is cheap and easy, but I agree with cheaptech, it is probably unnecessary most of the time.
Posts in this Thread:
- New-to-me source for Oil Leak - Warped Oil Dipstick Cap, Mark in Marine , Sun, 2 Dec 2018 14:30:11
- Update on Oil Leak - Solved ! (and I was the probable cause), Mark in Marine , Sat, 15 Dec 2018 12:16:26
- Re: New-to-me source for Oil Leak - Warped Oil Dipstick Cap, gary_g, Mon, 3 Dec 2018 13:33:07
- easy to check blow by, Snowmobile , Mon, 3 Dec 2018 10:14:00
- Re: New-to-me source for Oil Leak - Warped Oil Dipstick Cap, TG, Mon, 3 Dec 2018 03:55:07
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.