Don't know what state your in but.. Here in Ct we get our fair share of snow. We have driven SAABs since 1987 and have never needed snow tires.
The only days I ever miss from work are when all local schools and businesses close.
Our current SAABs 2003 Linear 95 Wagon and Sedan each have stock Michelins. We have never been stuck. The ride home starts in a river valley about sea level and climbs to 1000 ft above sea level in 2 miles. Never got stuck but make a point not to drive in snow deeper then 4 inches.
I must admit I have installed Blizzak snows on my son's 1999 95 as he lacks experience and needs all equipment stacked in his favor.
Unless you really have to drive in a storm ...Don't
But if you do the 9-5 with Winter mode and traction control does just fine if you don't Hurry..
posted by 24.49.186...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow., Tim B., Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:41:24
- What are the alternatives?, Saabdude , Fri, 2 Jan 2004 06:27:25
- Re: SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow., Tom, Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:11:15
- Re: SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow - Thanks!, Tim B., Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:40:06
- Re: SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow., Steve G , Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:10:48
- Read the article posted below by Driver Ed..., Steen, Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:44:39
- Get the snows, Joe , Tue, 30 Dec 2003 03:54:51
- Re: SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow., bob t in ct, Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:31:29
- Re: SAAB 9-5 Wagon in the snow., Andy , Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:45:26
- I disagree -- get the snows., Bob M, Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:11:04
- you need to read this article, DriverEd, Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:41:51
- Re: you need to read this article, greentea, Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:13:04
- Yes, I'd say it's downright irresponsible, AdamB , Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:47:21
- BTW, I'm in Toronto, Canada n/m, DriverEd, Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:43:59
- Just got my winter tire package delivered yesterday ..., jw, Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:18:01
- Aero Wagon..., bRAD , Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:56:45
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!