NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
I think Cmyles has a early car that needs restoration that doesn't have rust issues.
I did an underbody restoration with all the front suspension removed, and had all the components blasted, and painted. Used POR15 on just about everything I could, and it worked OK. I don't think I would ever punish myself that much again....but, I am actually almost doing the same thing right now on an 89, but there isn't nearly as much corrosion on this chassis.
With the engine out, and all the suspension off the car, elevated so you can work on a stool, the time you spend there will be substantial. I would budget 100 hours -- probably 25 per corner and that might not be enough depending upon how much you have to go over. It is tedious, dirty, and eventually satisfying as you will so damn glad you are done with that piece of Swedish steel, that a celebration will commence.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Full tear down restoration, Adam , Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:30:02
- Re: Full tear down restoration, Larry West , Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:08:43
- It depends, No Snaab , Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:43:28
- Re: It depends, Adam , Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:51:52
- Re: It depends, No Snaab , Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:56:07
- I wonder why nobody has opened such business yet?, Siegfried, Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:34:20
- Re: I wonder why nobody has opened such business yet?, Karl , Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:52:45
- Re: I wonder why nobody has opened such business yet?, turbocon86, Tue, 28 Feb 2012 09:09:34
- Re: I wonder why nobody has opened such business yet?, Larry West , Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:05:05
- Looked into it at one time, No Snaab , Tue, 28 Feb 2012 05:44:30
- O/T - what's proper for nobody: have or has? )n/m(, Siegfried, Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:56:09
- Too complex a car to be easy, some parts still ?ble., RayF, Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:54:47
- mum!, Siegfried, Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:06:14
- Re: Full tear down restoration, bill schultz , Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:50:08
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.