NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
I had a very low budget, so I did mine with Gorilla Glue. It's an expanding foam glue. Hardens a little hard, but it did the job. Lots of sanding, smoothing and filling. Finished with truck bed liner. Make sure you get the ruberized bed liner. mine dried too hard and cracked again in the same spots within a couple weeks. You can also use a product called Plastidip. It's the same ruberized stuff they dip tool handles in. I've heard that works. Never tried it myself, so not sure if it would hold up in the south-western heat. I was about to try it on my '80 when a friend offered a cap for a very affordable price. The cap is hard plastic, not foam. Fits okay. Will do the job until I can find my perfect dash.
posted by 71.219.13...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Dasboard crack repair, dino, Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:05:10
- Re: Dasboard crack repair, 900 Aero , Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:54:30
- Re: Dasboard crack repair, turbocon86, Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:05:33
- what about re-skinning the dash? Anybody tried? (n/m), Siegfried, Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:12:25
- Re: what about re-skinning the dash? Anybody tried? (n/m), 900 Aero , Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:43:50
- Dash Restorations or Just Dashes, Jon , Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:34:16
- I've used Dashboard Restoration, Paul Bob, Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:52:40
- Iowa, Jon , Sun, 29 Jul 2012 01:09:04
- Re: Iowa, Landjet , Sun, 29 Jul 2012 19:27:31
- Re: Iowa, Jon , Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:38:36
- Re: Iowa, Landjet , Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:14:46
- I'll be driving..., Paul Bob, Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:25:44
- Re: Dash Restorations or Just Dashes, 900 Aero , Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:49:11
- Re: what about re-skinning the dash? Anybody tried? (n/m), turbocon86, Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:25:29
- Re: Dasboard crack repair, RadioFlyer , Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:48:46
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.