Re: Upper ball joint R&R - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
No need to remove the spindle if you are doing just the upper. You can pivot on the lower to get the upper out. If you are replacing it, go ahead and use a pickle fork if that's what you have handy. A pickle fork will destroy the ball joint boot, but you're replacing it anyway.
If you plan to keep the car for a while, might want to invest in the ball joint removal tool at some point.
posted by 169.226.161...
Posts in this Thread:
- Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:11:02
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, StoicBlue87 , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:50:39
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:26:27
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, turbocon86, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 06:43:19 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:28:50
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:24:46
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, john_gonzo, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:18:49
- Harbor Fright has a good one ..., RS , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:07:08
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!