Re: Upper ball joint R&R - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Word to the wise: Grease NEW balljoints for longer life.
I recently purchased new balljoints from a popular site sponsor. Good brand too. Both balljoints had about 1 cc of grease in the boot (not even where the ball rotates). I wiped them clean and lubed with a high quality wheel bearing grease. Ditto for the new outer tie rod ends I got at the same time.
When I think about all the ball joints I've replaced over the years... not happy.
posted by 98.180.80...
Posts in this Thread:
- Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Sun, 19 Mar 2017 15:11:02
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, StoicBlue87 , Sun, 19 Mar 2017 17:50:39
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Sun, 19 Mar 2017 20:26:27
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, turbocon86, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 06:43:19
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:28:50
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, Saabboy, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:24:46
- Re: Upper ball joint R&R, john_gonzo, Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:18:49 <-- Viewing This Message
- Harbor Fright has a good one ..., RS , Mon, 20 Mar 2017 07:07:08
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!