NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Start the car and take voltage measurements at:
1. the alternator (between the big output lug on the alternator and engine ground - use the same ground point on the engine for steps 1 and 2 here)
2. the starter (between the big lug connecting the battery and alternator cables and engine ground)
3. the battery (across the two posts)
Write these down and do the same thing later in the day, after you've had a slow/sluggish start incident.
Like the others here, I'll bet the problem is either your big cables between battery, starter and alternator (and the battery grounds) have reached the end of their useful life - the battery may not be getting a viable charge while the car is running. This would be indicated by a sufficiently big drop in voltage between your alternator and your battery. OR, your alternator may not be pumping out enough juice to keep your battery sufficiently charged.
Lotsa entries here in the archives covering electrical charge issues. As an example, search for Eric Law, he wrote some interesting methods for checking things. And questions from Jawerdna in fall 2016 about charging woes got a lot of great suggestions.
->Posting last edited on Sun, 8 Oct 2017 14:18:38.
Posts in this Thread:
- Weaker Start when Engine Warm, OH89900, Sat, 7 Oct 2017 16:12:55
- grab your multimeter..., StoicBlue87 , Sun, 8 Oct 2017 09:33:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Weaker Start when Engine Warm, Tom g , Sun, 8 Oct 2017 02:31:13
- Re: Weaker Start when Engine Warm, Tom g , Sun, 8 Oct 2017 02:25:47
- Re: Weaker Start when Engine Warm, Simon S, Sat, 7 Oct 2017 18:19:55
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.