NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
It is probably just a synthetic slippery thing that helps the operation. Perhaps a bit better than the basic fluid that comes in the one gallon jug.
I figure that if you help the pump, and keep the fluid flowing easily, especially during our cold months, the interior wear and stability of the seals could be enhanced.
One other gearhead feels the same that of all the additives, this is the one that is actually helpful, and he's been gearheading for decades.....
I've taken over cars that the previous owner never did squat to the PS fluid....it was dark and ugly. Suck out the bad, in with the new, cycle that a few times then suck out what has cleaned up, read the instructions on the RP and give the reservoir a drinkypoo
Posts in this Thread:
- Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Frak , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:10:32
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 14:14:56
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Landjet , Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:24:05
- Re: Replacement shock recommendation?, Frak , Sat, 9 Dec 2017 19:09:26
- RP only shows PS fluid, no PS additive. That it? N/M, Saabina, Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:42:54
- Re: Power steering rack, Head Gasket; 100,000 mile check-in!, Saabina, Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:34:16
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.