NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
11 years is a long time, brushes could be worn or the regulator could have failed. For that matter if the alternator is original it's 25+ years old and pretty much anything could be wrong with it. You'll also want to carefully check all of the alternator wiring for corrosion.
What I'd probably do is verify wiring is OK, pull out the regulator/brush unit for inspection, and if that looks OK then bring the alternator to a parts store or auto electrics shop for testing.
Posts in this Thread:
- alternator not charging, brownetowner, Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:40:09
- Brushes worn?, tweetiedancer, Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:46:15
- Re: alternator not charging, Jawerdna , Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:11:42
- revisit the ground wire, AaronG, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:10:57
- Dash light must work for charging circuit, Notnoel , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:24:47
- bulb is OK, brownertowner, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:06:49
- Re: alternator not charging, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:33:39
- Re: alternator not charging, JerseySaab , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:03:35 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.