NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
The bulb in the dash is an integral part of the charging circuit. If it is burnt out, the battery will not charge. Does the bulb come on when you turn the key (before engaging the starter)? IIRC, that's how you ensure it is working.
If the bulb is working it is likely the regulator, but could be a bad diode. Advance Auto and Autozone (and likely other) will test your alternotor fo free once you pull it out. As much of a PITA as it is to pull the alternator, I'd give the regulator a shot because you can replace it with the lump in the car and it is a wear part.
Posts in this Thread:
- alternator not charging, brownetowner, Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:40:09
- Brushes worn?, tweetiedancer, Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:46:15
- Re: alternator not charging, Jawerdna , Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:11:42
- revisit the ground wire, AaronG, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:10:57
- Dash light must work for charging circuit, Notnoel , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:24:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- bulb is OK, brownertowner, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:06:49
- Re: alternator not charging, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:33:39
- Re: alternator not charging, JerseySaab , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:03:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.