NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|C900 Bulletin Board|
1979-1993 & 94 Conv
Yup, makes me suspect your diodes are fried. Diagnostic on my last failure was bad diodes and I had no warning light either. (BTW, if you buy a new alternator, be sure to snag the VR for future diagnostics).
I also bought a voltage gauge for the dash after that - it is such a PITA when these things die. That way you can at least see it coming and park the car so that you have a shot at pushing it (solo) for a roll start, if need be.
Posts in this Thread:
- alternator not charging, brownetowner, Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:40:09
- Brushes worn?, tweetiedancer, Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:46:15
- Re: alternator not charging, Jawerdna , Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:11:42
- revisit the ground wire, AaronG, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:10:57
- Dash light must work for charging circuit, Notnoel , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:24:47
- bulb is OK, brownertowner, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:06:49
- Re: bulb is OK, Notnoel , Tue, 9 Jan 2018 07:31:14 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: alternator not charging, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:33:39
- Re: alternator not charging, JerseySaab , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:03:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.