Re: premature success.....voltage dropped to 12v again - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Got a volt meter?
The question is whether the alternator is putting out 14v with a drop downstream - could very well be a bad cable not a bad alternator... the main power cables, particularly the crimps, are suspect. You can also see this sort of thing from a weak battery - tou will for example see a drop when the A/C kicks in because of it's load... and again that could point at wiring issues...
posted by 76.105.241...
Posts in this Thread:
- alternator not charging, brownetowner, Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:40:09
- Brushes worn?, tweetiedancer, Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:46:15
- Re: alternator not charging, Jawerdna , Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:11:42
- revisit the ground wire, AaronG, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 13:10:57
- Dash light must work for charging circuit, Notnoel , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 18:24:47
- bulb is OK, brownertowner, Tue, 9 Jan 2018 04:06:49
- Re: alternator not charging, StoicBlue87 , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:33:39
- Re: alternator not charging, JerseySaab , Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:03:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!