Re: Arduino - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
Monetizing a hobby IS a good way to ruin it - I know from experience! I almost did that with SAAB repair for a while. Awful work on neglected cars, but it led me to find my current garage queen, a gray-market imported 1991 five-door LPT.
I feel the same way about Arduino. I bet it's easier for us non-techie Neanderthals to do a "hardware hack" of the 9000 EDU display system, which already interfaces with Trionic and has a display board controlled by buttons. Either put the whole 9000 gauge cluster in, or just the EDU, carefully dissected out and repackaged to look stockish.
To learn Arduino I have been planning a grid charger/battery cycler for my first-gen Honda Insight for quite some time, but I just can't motivate myself. I think I even have all the necessary parts.
posted by 65.112.10...
Posts in this Thread:
- Opinions on gauge selection, Ken , Sun, 1 Jul 2018 19:46:11
- Re: dual display, water temp + volts?, kenS , Mon, 2 Jul 2018 16:22:50
- Re: Opinions on gauge selection, Notnoel , Mon, 2 Jul 2018 10:23:03
- Like, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 2 Jul 2018 11:37:03
- Re: Arduino, S Carlson, Tue, 3 Jul 2018 11:56:39
- Re: Arduino, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 3 Jul 2018 13:53:02
- Re: Arduino, S Carlson, Wed, 4 Jul 2018 12:29:18 <-- Viewing This Message
- External Ambient Air Temp gage is my preference..... N/M, vsfoxe , Mon, 2 Jul 2018 09:07:26
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!