Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long) - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think that lower temp thermos witch is annoying, it starts the fans ALL THE TIME...to no obvious advantage.......remember, the OE engineers were smarter than you (sorry), they know the temp that is needed for that engine.
I have had fan motors die just as you've described, and I think there's gotta be another source of 12V motors to run these fans (more efficiently too? it is 2018). it is stupid to have to put 25 year old motors in there (but I have at least one old one in my 92 900T).
I agree with StoicBlue87, though: for 135 bucks, throw a new radiator in there. easy peasy.
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), OldLinePaul , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:42:03
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), StoicBlue87 , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:24:00
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), ZAAB , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 05:23:21 <-- Viewing This Message
- x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:33:21
- Re: x2, Landjet , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:58:59
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:37:58
- Re: x2, Landjet , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:44:29
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:14:59
- Thanks!, OldLinePaul , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:18:56
- Uro, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:06:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!