Re: x2 - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I have no idea but I have always wondered. I have never monitored oil temp on anything I've ever driven. Before I converted my XR4Ti from a water:oil exchanger to a big ol' Setrab air:oil I meant to take some measurements but I never did it. And now I will never know. :( I suspect it's one of those things that most of the time it isn't doing anything *truly* useful, but when pushed it's probably the difference between hot oil and baked oil or (maybe more likely?) unmanageable coolant temps. Taking 10-20 degrees out of the oil when driven hard probably nets a similar savings in coolant temp, and might be the difference between a-ok and an overheat.
But, I really don't know... I've never had a problem with a c900 in terms of water or oil, so I don't mess with it. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), OldLinePaul , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:42:03
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), StoicBlue87 , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:24:00
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), ZAAB , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 05:23:21
- x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:33:21
- Re: x2, Landjet , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:58:59
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:37:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: x2, Landjet , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:44:29
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:14:59
- Thanks!, OldLinePaul , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:18:56
- Uro, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:06:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!