Re: x2 - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
That seems like what I'd expect. I think typically oil and water temperatures track each other, so having a way to help the oil shed heat ensures that the (adequately sized) cooling system doesn't become overwhelmed. Without the cooler, the block is doing all that heat transfer to the coolant, and then everything is just hot. Maybe in the '80s it was useful to prevent oil breakdown, but that's probably not much of a problem anymore and we're just left with the heat soak scenario. I imagine taking a couple dozen degrees off the oil is probably a benefit to the transmission, too. Hey, I wonder if a dry or semi-wet sump would be a benefit to c900s. Heh. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), OldLinePaul , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:42:03
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), StoicBlue87 , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:24:00
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), ZAAB , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 05:23:21
- x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:33:21
- Re: x2, Landjet , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:58:59
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:37:58
- Re: x2, Landjet , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:44:29
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:14:59 <-- Viewing This Message
- Thanks!, OldLinePaul , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:18:56
- Uro, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:06:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!