Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The crank sensor is usually a go- no go unit, as is the Bosch fuel pump on the turbo, but the walbro pump on your car has a myriad of tricks up it's sleeve. Often they will run for a given amount of time and then slow down to the point that they starve the engine and it dies. It is difficult to judge the exact amount of fuel pressure from the amount that squirts in your eye when you break a line loose, but that pressure is critical. Buy or borrow a test gauge set (I think O'Reiley's rents them) and make sure the pressure is in spec.Run it until it quits and watch that the pressure is still up. If not, it's the pump, Also check residual pressure while you have it hooked up to see if you have a bad check valve or pressure regulator. All that can be done for $50-75 before you go trading out expensive components. BTW, the crank sensor is a Honeywell unit used on home furnaces, available on line for about $30. You just have to splice the original wires onto the new unit. good luck
Posts in this Thread:
- 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, t, Thu, 10 Jan 2019 06:36:51
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, colduck , Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:24:17 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 10 Jan 2019 08:30:13
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, t, Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:16:43
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, Roger D , Thu, 10 Jan 2019 10:00:04
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, t, Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:22:39
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, Justin VanAbrahams , Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:57:49
- Re: 1993 900, non turbo, stalling- no start- long - sorry, Paul Willis, Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:48:37
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!