Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?
Posted by Saabina [Email] (more from Saabina) on Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:00:57
In Reply to: Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:57:57
Looked at the ad yesterday. Some good and some bad but IMHO, not worth more than $2500 if rust free and still in my book too much. The problem in figuring out pricing is how much will it cost to make it desirable for a discerning buyer looking for some longterm appreciation. Then deduct that expense from what similar well-kept examples are going for. An honest assessment in that fashion would likely wind up in negative territory making it a bad deal even if free. The other option is just having a cool old Saab as a DIY enthusiast regardless of investment potential and simply treat it as entertainment cost for your pocketbook size.
That T-5 SPG is also interesting but pretty much a heap. FWIW, there was a so-called 'SPG' with a slushbox and what appeared to be a Carlsson body kit on SF Craigslist last week for $950. It is now at PnP boneyard...
posted by 99.75.88...
Posts in this Thread:
- $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:52:18
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:15:06
- Kelly Blue Book, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:33:59
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:27:50
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:57:57
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:11:08
- Walter has retired, fyi... but his son is still there..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:39:37
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:54:141
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Saabina, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:00:57 <-- Viewing This Message
- WHAT!!!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:06:30
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:57:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!