Re: How old is your clutch line?? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Good question. Could be as old as the car.
I'm familiar with that failure mode, as the old Saabs have a similar hydraulic system with a similar clutch line design. Although my two stroke has a clutch cable, which has it's own share of issues...
I've read some of the posts on the clutch line and many people seem to think replacement is a pain, but probably warranted, given the age.
I struggled with replacing the whole shooting match- slave, master and line vs just replacing what appears to be the bad component, and settled on the latter. Parts are due in on Tuesday- I ordered the master and slave from Rock Auto- maybe I should have thrown in the line as well. I plan to get things ready this weekend- pull off the kick panel, spray nuts, etc. I'll have a close look at the line as you suggest.
One other question- I see the feed line from the reservoir down to the clutch master looks pretty tired. What should I use to replace that line? My Sonett has a similar remote reservoir and I almost think I used fuel line for replacement.
Thanks for advice!
eric in vermont
Posts in this Thread:
- Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 09:52:24
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Roger D , Wed, 15 May 2019 10:00:01
- Re: Clutch Hydraulics Question- a bit long, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 15 May 2019 10:22:56
- minor tips on master replace, Tushy, Wed, 15 May 2019 11:36:511
- Re: minor tips on master replace, eric in vermont , Wed, 15 May 2019 14:27:28
- How old is your clutch line??, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 06:00:27
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, eric in vermont , Fri, 17 May 2019 07:26:20 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: How old is your clutch line??, Saabina, Fri, 17 May 2019 09:32:34
- use reservoir hydraulic hose, StoicBlue87 , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:19:26
- yes, replace it all, Notnoel , Fri, 17 May 2019 09:04:12
- Re: minor tips on master replace, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 15 May 2019 14:49:39
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!