Oil Change instructions for non saab drivers:
1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2) Drink a cup of coffee.
3) 15 minutes later write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.
Change $ 20.00
Total $ 21.00
Oil Change instructions for SAAB owners:
1) Go to auto parts store and write a check for $50.00 for oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree.
2) Discover that the used oil container is full. Instead of taking it
back to be recycled, dump in hole in back yard.
3) Open a beer and drink it
4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7) Place drain pan under engine.
8) Look for 13 mm box end wrench.
9) Give up and use crescent wrench; round off plug bolt edges while
10) Unscrew drain plug.
11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: get hot oil on you in process.
12) Clean up mess.
13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.
14) Look for oil filter wrench.
15) Give up. Poke oil filter with screwdriver and hammer; twist off
filter with screwdriver.
17) Buddy shows up; finish case of beer with him. Finish oil change
18) Next day, drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car.
19) Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during step 15.
20) Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
21) Walk to local bar or distributor; buy beer.
22) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to
23) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24) Remember drain plug from step 11.
25) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.
26) Discover that the used oil is buried in a hole in the back yard,
along with drain plug
27) Drink beer
28) Uncover hole and sift for drain plug
29) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor
30) Drink beer
31) Slip with wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame.
32) Bang head on floorboards in reaction to step 31.
33) Begin cussing fit.
34) Throw wrench.
35) Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December
(1992) poster in the left boob & made a hole.
37) Clean up hands and forehead, bandage as required to stop blood flow.
40) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.
42) Lower car from jack stands.
43) Accidentally crush one of the jack stands.
44) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during step 23.
46) Test drive car.
47) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.
48) Car gets impounded.
49) Make bail.
50) Get car from impound yard.
Parts $ 50.00
Impound fee $75.00
Total $4,150.00 -- But you know the job was done right!
posted by 66.130.8...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Saab oil change vs others, Daren, Sun, 7 Aug 2005 13:34:56
- here is a real jiffy lube story..., rsfeller, Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:00:40
- Further proof..., aaron, Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:11:42
- Re: Saab oil change vs others, Wingerr, Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:09:08
- Hahaha thats a good one :) NM, turrbo , Sun, 7 Aug 2005 21:18:47
- LOL! n/m, Street, Sun, 7 Aug 2005 14:42:43
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!