Definitely try a new OEM thermostat or test yours. They're not the most reliable part and often fail after a few years. A hiss from the coolant reservoir cap is normal, so don't worry about that. Check for bubbles in the reservoir as a quick test for HG failure. The HG job isn't fun, but my money is still on the t-stat.
posted by 97.95.252...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Overheating. Head gasket? I presume?, RayF, Fri, 3 Jun 2011 19:23:10
- the thermostat may not be opening fully, dr fall, Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:16:10
- Re: Overheating. Head gasket? I presume?, RTSDan, Sat, 4 Jun 2011 05:44:20
- Re: Overheating. Head gasket? I presume?, Craig, Fri, 3 Jun 2011 20:19:48
- Re: Overheating. Head gasket? I presume?, derf, Fri, 3 Jun 2011 19:34:34
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!